Me!

Me!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

San Diego


As some of you may have seen, there are different locations in California, beautifully painted on me. The featured location this week is San Diego, and current EIM student Haley McKay told me all about her connections with the beautiful city down south! Keep reading to find out more!


"Over the past few years, San Diego has become a home away from home for me and a place I love to visit any chance I get. I’m originally from the Bay Area and although there are beaches in Northern California, it was hard not to crave a beach day down the coast. My family started visiting San Diego when my siblings and I were really little and we’d spend a couple weeks there every summer just for fun. During our trips down there, we’d always visit the San Diego Zoo which is located in Balboa Park. Being a little kid, I remember how much fun it was to go on train rides around the park, feed the birds, and run around on the play structures. The San Diego Zoo was such a fun place to visit as a family years back, but it’s just one of the many attractions San Diego has to offer. On my family trips we would also spend many of our days relaxing at the various beaches along the coast of the big city, our favorite area being La Jolla. In our younger years we could be amused for hours building sand castles, but as we got older we started renting surfboards, boogie boards, and kayaks. We’d also visit Lego Land, walk down the piers, and ride bikes along the boardwalk. San Diego is home to so many cherished childhood memories but my love for this special city doesn’t stop there.

When I was in high school, my older brother went off to college at San Diego State University, which my family was excited about because it meant another reason to visit San Diego. Visiting at an older age showed me a whole other side to the city and it got even better when I started school at Cal Poly because it cut the distance in half. Today, my brother lives just a few footsteps from the boardwalk in Pacific Beach, by far my favorite beach in San Diego. For most of the year, it’s filled with people enjoying the sun, playing in the warm waves, or entertaining friends with games like beach volleyball. The area is full of local restaurants, bars, and shops making it the perfect place to spend the day. Now that I’m older, I usually make my trips down to San Diego with friends and we spend the weekend relaxing at the beach, discovering new restaurants, and hiking the beautiful trails of Torrey Pines. I’m so thankful that San Diego became a part of my life at a young age with trips with my family and that it’s remained a consistent place of escape ever since."


Thanks for sharing, Haley! I’m glad you were able to have a Learn by “Mooing” experience in San Diego, as it is such a huge part of me.

Don’t forget to keep voting for me on the link below:


OR scan this QR code on Snapchat and it will take you directly to the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment